Be on the lookout for these weeds that are new to Sydney or exist in very limited infestations that we can hope to eliminate.
- Mysore Thorn – known to be found in Holroyd council area
- Giant Devil’s Fig known to be found in Warringah council area, easily confused with Tropical Soda Apple
- Monkey Comb (White Trumpet Vine) known to be found in Lane Cove and Hawkesbury council areas. It has been eradicated from Warringah council area.
- Kudzu known to be found in Penrith and Wollondilly council areas.
- Angel’s Trumpet known to be found in Wollondilly council area
BULBUOUS AND SUCCULENT
- Wild Onion known to be found in Strathfield council area more information
- Japanese Knotweed known to be found Hornsby council area more information
- Horsetail known to be found Blue Mountains, Warringah and Pittwater council areas
- Kidney Leaf / Mud Plantain known to be found in Ku-ring-gai, Hornsby and The Hills council areas, as well as Lane Cove National Park and Sydney Olympic Park
- Eurasian Water Milfoil known to be found in Parramatta council area (in a pond)