Vines & Scramblers
Also known as Blue Potato Vine, this plant has become naturalised in rainforests and is widely distributed from N.E. Qld to N.E. NSW.
- Family Solanaceae
- Origin South America
- Habit Perennial shrub or twining climber to 6m.
- Leaves Green deeply 3-9 lobed, hairless except edges and veins on under surface.
- Flowers Mauve-blue, 2-3cm across in groups of up to 50 in Spring-Autumn.
- Fruit Green berry up to 1cm across, ripening to bright red.
- Roots Shallow and fibrous.
- Dispersal Seed is spread by water, animals, humans, contaminated soil (earthmoving equipment, car tyres etc) and garden refuse dumping.
- Control Hand Dig, Scrape and Paint, Skirting, Foliar spray.
Back to Vines & Scramblers
Bookmark the permalink.